Friday, September 5, 2008

Ode to Dave Devine

Well, folks, today is my last day of work after six months at Crew Creative, so I thought it would be fitting to write a post dedicated to my most loyal blog-reader, my coworker, Dave Devine:

Dave Devine tries to make you think he's some really mean tough guy, with his motorcycles, black shirts, shaved head, goatee and tattoos, but that really couldn't be further from the truth.

Back in Winter Quarter, I sat between Dave Devine and Ben Black (also a great guy) in our "pod," and Dave was definitely the first person to really make me feel welcome at work. He was the first to really talk to me, the first to find out about my unique interests in things like Disney and musical theater, and first to make fun of me because of those interests.  

Although Dave was almost always the first to make fun of me about something at work, he was also always the first to help me out. If I had a question, I knew I could ask and almost always get an answer.

And regardless of how much I was made fun of by him or by anyone else at work, it was never out of spite or hate, I guess it was just some weird way of showing they liked me, and that was cool to know.

Dave Devine has my blog set as his homepage, which is actually pretty creepy. This isn't really part of the tribute, I just thought everyone should know about it.

Try as he might, Dave Devine is not some hardened, heartless biker.  

Dave Devine is actually one of the best guys I've met at work. He took me under his wing during my time at Crew and definitely taught and showed me a lot, while making me feel welcome and cared about at work.  

I know he'll miss me when I'm gone, and I guess I'll miss him, too.  


*there's your post, Dave

No comments: