Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Hooray for...Westwood!

So tonight Ian and I rushed home from work to try and see famous people at the Step Brothers premiere. Here is a photo tour of the premiere.

It officially started at 6:30, and we didn't get there until around ten after seven. As we got closer to the Village Theatre, we looked over towards the red carpet and spotted the one and only David Hasselhoff. Unfortunately, he moved quickly and I didn't get a good picture.

Ian and I crossed the street where we met Garrett to try and get a better view of the celebrities.


Here's the first guy I was able to snap a picture of, recently retired New York Giants player Michael Strahan.


After Strahan, Judd Apatow arrived. Judd Apatow directed the 40 Year Old Virgin and Knocked Up and produced many big movies, including Superbad and this movie, Step Brothers.


Mega-star Tom Arnold was the next to grace the red carpet. Anyone else remember the movie The Stupids?


Here's a great shot of my roommate and future Hollywood star Garrett Baker. That may not be an exaggeration, either. I'll know for sure how famous he'll be as soon as he finishes his screenplay, if he lets me read it.


It's crazy the people that come to these premieres. I think it was around now that the son from Married With Children showed up. Then came the one and only Barry Williams, aka Greg Brady. I'd like to have done something popular in my teenage years that I could ride for 40 plus years, too.


Soon after Barry came the person I was probably most surprised and excited to see, the stunning Sonya Walger (thank you imdb) who plays Penny Widmore on LOST.


She looked great and I just wanted so badly to run over and give her a hug and say "I'm so happy for you and Desmond!" Alas, television is not real, and the man she was with was definitely not Desmond Hume. Was that not like the best part of the season finale though? I mean for real. Man I love Lost.

Here's another fun picture of Penny having a good time.


Just then, my new main man Ed Helms showed up in the middle of the street. He wasn't wearing a classy suit this time or anything, so no one recognized him. After I took this picture, he walked right down the sidewalk behind a bunch of oblivious stargazers.


Here's Romany Malco, from the 40 Year Old Virgin, Weeds, and the Love Guru.


Here's Jane Lynch, again from the 40 Year Old Virgin.


As the premiere wound down, I was disappointed that I didn't get there soon enough to see Will Farrell and John C. Reilly. But as I looked back down the red carpet, I spotted the big guys themselves. I did see John C. Reilly's face, but didn't get a good picture of it. The curly haired guy is John C. Reilly, and the guy with glasses on the left is Adam McKay, the director of the movie and co-creator of the site Funny or Die with Will Farrell. You can see him at the beginning of "The Landlord" video. Anyway, here the stars are. Awesome!


Garrett got much better pictures of Will and John C. Reilly, and one of the back of Corey Feldman. I also saw Ted Danson in the distance and saw Jon Heder aka Napoleon Dynamite walk down the street, too. It was pretty much like ten times the number of famous people I had seen until now, and it was very sweet.

All of this happened just like two blocks from my house. How crazy is that? I definitely love Westwood.

1 comment:

ktstone said...

Alex,
Brian and I are big fans of LOST and I was also so happy that Desmond and Penny were reunited last season. It looks like you're having a great time in LA. Keep the blogs coming! I'm enjoying them, despite you not telling us about them!!!
Love,
Katie Stone