Thursday, December 4, 2008

What am I going to do without all of you?

I cannot believe another quarter is coming to an end already, let alone the fact that I am somehow in the middle of my fourth year of college.

This quarter has just about blown me away. There have been ups and downs, but in the end it has been amazing. In the very same day, I found out I will be spending winter quarter in New York City (a big hope of mine for a while) and firmly made the decision to spend my summer in Africa.

I definitely want to write about Africa and the crazy story of how I wound up realizing I need to go to Namibia this summer, but I won't do that right now. I'd be sitting here for two hours typing.

Today I just started to feel a little weird, maybe a little empty as the quarter comes to a close. I don't know how to describe it, but it's amazing how time with key people can come exactly when I need it. I can't count the number of times this quarter people have shown up right when I've needed them, and most of those people didn't even realize it.

I am so thankful for the people in my life. I have been extremely blessed.

I am so disappointed that I have to leave again so soon. Luckily, as much as I may have doubted it could happen, God showed up in a major way in Los Angeles, and I can't wait to find out what New York has in store for me.

For the first time in my life, I'm beginning to realizing what it really means to live for something bigger than myself.

I can't wait to see what's in store for all of us.

No comments: