Wednesday, January 14, 2009

The Grand Tour

So here it is, the apartment tour. I've meant write posts like this on my last two co-ops, but I never did, so here you go now!

Let's see, we'll start in Dan's nice red room. Our rooms didn't have any furniture in them, so we're both rocking air mattresses. It's nice to see how little furniture you can actually get by with.


Here's my room. It's actually bigger than I thought it would be. The double aerobed is key, and some milk crates are nice, too. Right now I'm standing in the doorway to Dan's bedroom and the door to the living room is on the right. Dan has to walk through my room to get to his. I'm not charging a toll...yet.


Here is the view in the living room looking back to the open doorway of my room. You can see I actually do have a nice chair in the corner of my room that I sat in as I finished the last few chapters of The Last Lecture tonight. You can see the nice futon and some of Liz's pillows and decorating.

Looking to the opposite corner, here you can see Dan happily sitting at the table and giving a solid thumbs up. There's the tv (it's nice to live without cable once in a while) and original Nintendo. You can see more of Liz's decorating here, which makes the whole place fun and homey. The pink is the kitchen.


Here's our kitchen, no dishwasher, no microwave, plenty of pink. It gets the job done great though, and feels kind of 1950s. The open door is to the bathroom.


I stood in the shower to take this picture of the bathroom. Again, nice pastel colors. It's tight, but wonderfully New York.


The place has worked out really well for all of us and is in a nice location. Dan and I are both very happy.

In other news, this morning when I got off the subway at High Street, I'm pretty postive I walked by an actor named Fisher Stevens. I couldn't tell you his name at the time, but I did remember him as being on the show "Early Edition" about the guy who got tomorrow's paper today and tried to stop the bad things written in it from happening. When I checked out imdb, I remembered he had a part on LOST last season as Minkowski, the crazy sick guy inside the ship!


I forgot to mention I also saw Mario Lopez before the Little Mermaid, didn't I? That was funny.

Finally, I have to say after hearing friends talk about their co-ops here in New York I've been feeling very lucky. I have been blessed to work with people that are super nice, appreciative and compliment me on my work. I know that not everyone is working in an environment like that. Sure, once in a while at work somebody asks me for help moving heavy things, putting together a shelf, or running down the block to the hardware store to pick up something in a picture-hanging emergency, but for these people it's not a pain. I'm happy to help however I can.

I don't know if anybody at work realizes how much a "thanks," a smile, a handshake, or an invite to play a game of foosball means to me, but it all really means a lot. These are awesome people, and I'm thrilled to get to spend the next ten weeks with them.

No comments: