Friday, January 2, 2009

Start Spreading the News...

I'm leaving today!

Sorry, I couldn't resist. Really I am leaving today. In a few short hours I'll be flying to the Big Apple, thus beginning my Adventure in New York City and the craziest year of my life.

What are my plans and hopes for my quarter there? I don't have too many specifics. I just want to experience the city. I think there's purpose for me somewhere, and hopefully I'll find it as I search for the heart of New York.

Sure I want to see shows, like 13 (which stupidly closes this Sunday), Billy Elliot, Shrek and Mary Poppins, but none of them will make or break my time there. I'm looking forward to meeting new people, watching strangers on the subway, strolling through snow in central park and slowing down to sit in sweet coffee shops to open a book and sip chai.

I'm hoping to take risks and feel uncomfortable. To stare at my NFT guide one minute, and keep it closed the next.

Most of my friends know I have dreamed of living in New York for a long time. I've never written down my life list, but if I did, "Live in New York City" would be on it. This really is a dream come true and I am so thankful for the opportunity. I cannot wait to see what happens.

It's time to take this city by storm.

Look out New York, here I come.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Awesome day. Tell Dan I said "hey"! Enjoy the first day of work tomorrow.