Thursday, June 19, 2008

California Dreaming

Tomorrow morning, I'm flying thousands of miles across the country to Los Angeles. That is crazy. I've had a week of good and not so good here at home, but today and tonight I am just feeling extremely blessed. For the first time since being home, today I was finally able to focus and see cool things happening here and in my life. I was actually able to read, too, which I had thought maybe my body had forgotten how to do.

So I don't have a long laundry list of things I'm hoping to do in LA this time around. I did all of that stuff in the winter. Not to say that I won't do some cool things, and go back to sweet places like the Concert Hall and the Getty, but I have much different goals this time.

Here they are:

Exercising. I want to work to get in shape out there. I could care less about my weight or how much I can bench, I just want to feel healthy and feel good about myself. I know that if I commit to running and maybe working out a few times a week, I'll be feeling like a million bucks in no time. The better I feel physically, the better I'll feel emotionally and spiritually, too, so exercising is a must.

Another thing I definitely want to be doing is being intentional about building relationships, and working to make strong friendships with the people I meet. I sort of started to do that last time, but now I definitely want to do it. I met so many awesome people during the Winter, I want to take advantage of those relationships more this quarter. I figure my odds of making friends are pretty good considering my living situation.

Finally and most importantly, this quarter my main goal is just to completely open myself to what God wants to do with me. I want to find myself in situations that are uncomfortable and challenging. I know that this summer has the potential to be amazing, and I definitely don't want to miss out on it. I don't know what this is going to look like, maybe it will be connected to my friendship hopes, maybe not, we'll see. I just don't want to give myself any excuses. This is where I am supposed to be this summer. I'm confident it won't be long before I find out why.

Definitely the other goal I'm forgetting is my goal to not suck at staying in touch with all the people who have meant so much to me this quarter. That's important, and I'm going to do it. If I do happen to suck at it, do me a favor and call me!

The next time I write here I'll be three hours in the past. Awesome.

I love you all. You're amazing. Make this quarter count. Incredible things are going to go down for all of us.

No comments: