Sunday, June 15, 2008

In Awe

This was the last week of the quarter, and I knew I wanted to hit it hard. I wanted to be able to spend time with as many people as possible, and just take advantage of how amazing my community in Cincinnati is before heading out West. Luckily, even with a little more work in the middle of the week than I was planning, I was able to spend time with many people that I love.

It is really incredible to be surrounded by so many amazing people. I just can't get over it. I was taught a lot this week and blessed in some huge ways. Everyone is awesome.

Today just about blew my mind. I have learned so much about how powerful it can be to actually be going through life with people, learning and growing alongside someone, and witnessing on a regular basis the crazy things God is capable of. I've made and solidified some amazing friendships this quarter, friendships that I know need to last a lifetime. Today was just an awesome example of that.

On my drive home here to Pittsburgh, I did something I don't think I've ever done before. I purposely turned off the car radio and just thought and listened for somewhere between a half hour and an hour. At first as I was in silence I was feeling very frustrated by things, but as my time continued, I just started to feel God reaching in and releasing me from a lot of the selfishness that was causing major struggles in me. It seemed to be replaced by the promise of amazing things in the future.

Driving home, I'm not sure Eastern Ohio ever looked so beautiful, I'm not sure what it was, but it was beautiful. My windows were down the whole time. Wind blew through the car. It was awesome.

I have five full days now to be refueling, gearing up, and getting ready to head out to California. This time at home is going to be great.

At the moment, I'm just feeling like I would have to be a major idiot to mess up all of the awesome plans God has for me and my life in both the near and distant future. Unfortunately, I definitely am an idiot, but with such great support around me, amazing things are going to go down. I am extremely excited for life.

Well, its getting late, and I'm having trouble forming coherent thoughts. I'll reread this post in the morning and see if I can't clean it up.

I hope everybody is doing great, preparing for whatever your next step may be.

Rock on.

love,
Alex

1 comment:

chih-hua said...

God is freaking GOOD.

i love you alex!